Starting 2020 of right with another civic hacking project. This time, we've thrown together an app that visualizes traffic collisions in Los Angeles. Each week there are about a thousand traffic collisions in LA. This data visualization tool can hopefully help for deeper insights, which can lead to new solutions. Big thanks to lacity.org for providing the data!
View the demo website here
View the code on GitHub
The goals for this project are simple:
- Exercise some JS data processing techniques
- Provide something civically engaging
- Create something open source, and see where others take it
Feel free to pull the project from GitHub!
Contributing To This Project
- Mapbox - For the maps
- Bootstrap - Front end framework
- jQuery - Who doesn't use jquery?
- chartjs - Nice charts
- flatpickr - Great date range picker
Connecting With Contributors
Please comment below to connect with others. Share what you'd like to see from this project, or share your creations. Let us know what to do next!